On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 02:48:45 GMT "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

>       David writes:
>
> > In the context of this thread, the freedesktop.org specs say that
> > the user specifies the size in pixels of icons that they want, and
> > for svg's, that means we need to render to that particular size.
> > There is a default icon size of 48x48 if the user didn't specify
> > a size.
> >

>       I've never looked at the fdo spec in question, but are you
> sure that it insists on icons being displayed at some restricted
> size?  This seems like a rather large step into fixing/determining

no - it specifies the icons must be PROVIDED at certain sizes - it is up to the
gui to choose whichever it prefers for its needs. :) there are suggestions of
sizes and when you want a "small" icon you will get a 22x22 icon (unless you
chose to use a bigger one and scale it down) - in the end - it is not something
we need to worry about as we actually have some good scaling code :)

> policy... Who is this "user" who specifies the size? And is it the
> must-be-rendered size or a preferred size or an available icon size?
>       Is it possible the spec means that icons are to be provided
> in some set of sizes.. rather than that they must be rendered at
> some set of sizes?
>
>       In any case, evas can scale images quite well, so things
> can be displayed at whatever size desired (it's just that it's
> best to have the desired size as close as possible to the image's
> intrinsic size).

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)