On 8/14/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> 1. devel "cvs" server + future web server (for downloads too of official
> tarballs etc.)
> 2. an anonymous "cvs" server and possibly second download mirror.
>
> so 2 systems really.
>
> i hear that svn is significantly less load for anonymous access - even
> developer - who has experience with this server-side? can you confirm or deny?
> i would consider a possible move to svn if we can keep our history from cvs.
>
> so - let the flames begin.

What about git? You can easily move cvs history over to git.

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself