Hello.

As we are approaching roughly one month before EDD we should think about discussion and talk proposals for EDD.
As I mentioned before I would like to have more discussions instead of
lecture style talks.

Bring a topic and prepare some slides to define the topic and questions
that you want to discuss.
The slides should be used to kickstart the discussions only. The
discussion can later be followed up on the mailing list with notes from the EDD.

If you want to update the attendees on a topic in a more lecture style
talk that is possible as well.

We have no formal program committee this year to decide on the proposals. Just mail me your topic and we can discuss it. I don't think there will be trouble time wise as we have 2 full days.

Please send in the proposals no later than 31th of October. Title, short
abstract and a time you would expect for it.

As second topic for this mail I wanted to get some feedback on the food
situation. We would have the opportunity to get some catering to bring food on site and we have the lunch there. To safe time and make sure we actually have a space to eat all together. This would be 15-20 EUR per person.
The alternative is to go out, but we likely must reserve somewhere in
advance to actually host > 10 people.

For dinner on Saturday we should to out to a restaurant together. Xavi
is also looking into the options we have there. If you have suggestions for this or restrictions we should take into account, please get in touch.

regards
Stefan Schmidt