Il giorno mer 10 nov 2021 alle ore 18:21 Ross Vandegrift <r...@kallisti.us>
ha scritto:

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 10:17:08AM +0100, Davide Andrei wrote:
> > Il giorno mar 9 nov 2021 alle ore 17:30 Ross Vandegrift <
> r...@kallisti.us>
> > ha scritto:
> > > I maintain the debian packages for enlightenment and efl.  I haven't
> > > packaged python-efl mostly out of ignorance - I didn't know anyone
> > > wanted it, and I don't know about any apps that use it.  So I can't say
> > > it'll be high on my list, but if I find some time, I'll take a peek.
> > >
> > > Of course if you (or anyone else) is interested, there's good materials
> > > on debian packaging python libraries.  I'd be happy to include that in
> > > the team that handles efl/enlightenment, and help get it into debian.
> > >

> > That would be awesome! I have zero experience in deb packaging,
> > but I think that the bodylinux guys already have a good python-efl
> package.
> > Can that one be useful?
>
> Probably not - last I looked (which was years ago), bodhi never
> published source packages for their debs.  So I can't even check if it
> would be a Debian policy-compliant package.  If that's changed, I'd be
> happy to take a look at the source package to see what'd need work.

I also cannot find (after 15 mins of search) the sources of the bodhi
packages...
really they are not public??? I hope they are just hard to find.

And spent another 15 minutes looking at how to build the debs package for
python apps.
What I found is that we should use setuptools to build the library. Atm
python-efl use distutils
instead, but I already want to switch to setuptools for the next release
(because also the pypi
installation method is broken for the same reason).
So I think we must wait for the next release to start building the deb pkg