On Mon, 5 Sep 2022 15:52:24 +0200 Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net> said:

aaaah images won't "fade" like you think. a state is a discrete new image for
that. what you want to do is not use a transparent png image. this does what
you want and is drastically simpler taking advantage of defaults and more
compact edc format:

images.image: "tron_bg.png" LOSSY 95;
images.image: "tron_highlight.png" LOSSY 95;

collections {
   group { name: "e/desktop/background";
      parts {
         part { name: "background"; // type is IMAGE + mouse ev by defaulrtt
            description { state: "default" 0.0;
               image.normal: "tron_bg.png";
            }
         }
         part { name: "highlight"; // type is IMAGE + mouse ev by defaulrtt
            description { state: "default" 0.0;
               image.normal: "tron_highlight.png";
               color: 255 255 255 0; // transparent
            }
            description { state: "highlight" 0.0;
               inherit: "default" 0.0; // inherit state from default state
               color: 255 255 255 255; // visible
            }
         }
         program { signal: "mouse,in"; source: "highlight";
            action: STATE_SET "highlight" 0.0;
            transition: SINUSOIDAL 0.2;
            target: "highlight";
         }
         program { signal: "mouse,out"; source: "highlight";
            action: STATE_SET "default" 0.0;
            transition: SINUSOIDAL 0.5;
            target: "highlight";
         }
      } /* Close Parts */
   } /* Close Group */
} /* Close Coll */

lot's of shortcuts there to save a lot of effort but i think it'll be obvious
as to what t does with some comments. made the bg a bit smaller by using lossy
encoding at 95% quality used the smoother curved sinusoidal transition. fewer
images too...

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com