Justin Patrin wrote:
> On 8/28/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:55:19 +0200 Sebastian Dransfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> babbled:

>>> clearenv must stay. The user must not inherit any environment from entrance.
>>>
>> well- it does NEED to inherit DISPLAY... for starters. :) the problem is
>> actually entrance executing enlightenment directly. no other dm does this as
>> best i know. every login session is first executed by a shell which then
>> executes the wm or session manager etc. thus the behavior issues. wm's like e
>> expect to have a users environment already loaded by the time they run. (ie
>> users $PATH is set and all the other goodies a user wants in their SHELL)
>>

> FWIW I have also modified entrance to start a shell script instead of
> X directly for use in OpenZaurus to allow the normal X startup scripts
> to be run.

In that case, what's the right approach here? I don't pretend to know
which is prefarable really. Raster, is there something unique about E
that necessitated Entrance to be written that way? Or would it be better
for E as a whole if it where changed to be more like others... roughly
in the direction that Justin has gone for OpenZaurus?