On Wed, 07 Feb 2024 22:51:31 -0800 jose....@metztli.com said:

> Hello-
> Probably this is trivial but...
>
> Maximized the Terminology 1.12.1 screen dimensions by selecting the
> upward arrow on its window bar. There was another application at the top
> of the same screen and Terminology upper position was offset downwards
> by the approximate dimension of the other application window top bar.
> Terminology/Enlightenment did not respect/calculate screen dimension
> edge at bottom and ended up with 'hanging' extreme off view of the
> screen.

I can't picture hat you mean from the above... so I'm not sure what to say
there.

> I tried to resize Terminology from the Enlightenment 0.25.4 bar at the
> top -- which disappears unless I press my pointer towards the top.
> Resizing option was not available; thus, I selected Fullscreen option
> which took control of the current screen. Now I cannot bring up the
> Enlightenment bar again to exit Fullscreen option. Indeed, I could close
> the Terminology window tabs I have open but I am working on different
> tabs and I do not want to lose track of what I have going on.
>
> Is there a way to exit Enlightenment/Terminology Fullscreen without
> closing Terminology app itself? Alternatively, is there a way to bring
> up the Enlightenment bar using keyboard sequence(s)?

several things that you probably need to know here.

1. all windows can be moved at all times with alt+left mouse (click+drag)
anywhere on a window at any time... you don't have to find the titlebar.
2. all windows can be resized at all times with alt+middle mouse (click + drag)
anywhere on a window at any time... you don't have to find the titlebar or
bottom "resize bar/handle"
3. all windows can have the enlightenment window menu shown at all times with
alt+right mouse click anywhere on a window at any time.
4. the default keybinding for toggling fullscreen mode is ctrl+alt+f - for any
window
5. fullscreen windows cannot be moved or resized until you un-fullscreen them
6. if you have edge bindings (that flip desktops when you put your mouse at the
edge of a screen for example) then the very edges of your screen are dedicated
to these actions/bindings and not for things like resizing a window
7. you might be mixing terms here - the self is that bar with the pager, ibar
launcher, battery gadget, clock etc. etc. in it - it can be set it auto-hide
(and thus auto-show) when mouse hovers. there isnt some auto-hide feature for
titlebars so do you mean the shelf?

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com