On 13-Sep-06, at 8:04 PM, Kevin Brosius wrote:

> dan sinclair wrote:
>>
>> Just thought of two more possible things for the site.
>
> I think you are going way overboard. :P

Maybe. We possibly don't want half the things that I've listed. I'm
just trying to work out what we do want. We have a bunch of these
components sitting on different sites. Do we want to consolidate all
of these, and if so, which pieces.

Maybe we don't want to bother with the wiki, or the autogen'd docs.
I've got no idea, heh.

>> 1- cvsweb. I know we have this running on Kevin's site now. So we can
>> either bring it in house, or just make cvsweb.enlightenment.org
>> point to
>>   his site. Kevin, opinions?
>>

> No problem either way.  I run it because I use it a lot, and will make
> it public for the forseeable future.  I've got no problem adding a DNS
> link to it, as Michael said, I have the DNS setup info around here, if
> you want me to do that.  The tree is based on the same cvs tree that I
> presently offer the anon mirror on, so unless someone asks me to stop
> offering those, I will leave them up. :)

Then the easiest thing is to probably just make a url redirect to
your site. Keeps things simpler to maintain.

>> 2- mailing list archives. Do we want the hassle of hosting these? sf
>> seems to be doing an OK job of it (not that I look much).
>
> Well, maybe you should ask who is going to host the 'mailing lists'
> first.  When sf has delivery or connection problems, the mailing lists
> stop or disappear for however long the outage takes.  That's more
> important than the archives.

True. I didn't actually think about moving the lists themselves. Just
seems like  it would be a terrible amount of work. Re-subscriptions,
etc.

> Oh, and I don't mention it all that often, but I already archive a few
> of the lists:
>
> http://e.kevb.net/lurker/splash/index.en.html
>
> Again, because I use them, and I wanted a decent search interface...
>
> Soooo, there're some more options to consider.

That could also work.  Just put a pointer to your archives if we want
to go the simple route.

dan