On Thursday, 21 September 2006, at 16:08:08 (-0700),
Justin Patrin wrote:

> Be careful. Last I used TikiWiki it was a mess code-wise. Lots of
> places for security holes to pop up and a wiki rendering engine that
> was pure spaghetti. It may have gotten better in the year or so
> since I last used it but....be careful. It has some egregious
> problems before that allowed people to hijack your site very easily
> (similar to the PHPBB bugs you may have heard about).

I've worked with the code too, and it's not great.  But the engine
works.  As far as security problems go, 3 or 4 have come up recently,
but it had been a long time prior to that.  I keep a pretty close eye
on them too, and while we're undoubtedly going to fall victim from
time to time (no matter *what* CMS we use), adequate backups are the
best solution.

> I would suggest possibly looking into bitweaver (formerly known as
> TikiPro). They did a great job of refactoring and making the system
> much nicer internally.

I'm a bitweaver developer myself.  There is no forum engine, no FAQ
engine, and major refactoring work is still going on.  BW simply does
not fulfill the needs of this project yet.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."