Am Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:48:48 -0400
schrieb Christopher Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hannes Janetzek wrote:
>
> > i would go with the second one, as i don´t like to many too many
> > items in the main menu, especially when they are seldom used, for
> > aesthetical and practical reasons.
> >
> But how do you determine seldom used ? Me for instance, I never use
> the Desktops menu item (for switching)...does that mean it's seldom
> used and should be removed? Not necessarily because others may use it.

yep, you´re right i can´t remember that i´ve chosen desktops from the
main menu, nut i don´t know a different category to put it in. one
good point to put the shelves item into config is that it is for
configuring shelves.

> > just a quick idea, what about having it like this?
> >
> > config -> shelves -> configure shelves (the old dialog)
> >                                      shelf 1
> >                                      shelf 2  (for fast selection,
> > if one wants to change
> >                                                     only one shelf)
> >
> IMHO, nested too deep and a pita to get to. Would be just as easy to
> launch config panel and goto shelves.

hm, it´s the same nesting level as to choose an application from a
category. i don´t think that this is too hard to get to there for most
people.

Hannes