Zach-
    thx for the patch - it really speeds up bling when i don't have to
have giant windows fading in and out (or just changing their opacities)
all the time.  However, rather than making active opacity = inactive
opacity, could you add an option to just disable active/inactive opacity
changing?  I use xbindkeys+transset-df to set the opacity on my windows
manually and when i move away from the window, bling will just reset the
opacity to its own value.
    do you know what would be involved in getting gnome-terminal to use
bling for its compositing?  apparently the true transparency support in
gnome-terminal will only work with either the metacity or beryl compositors.

--
Mike Russo
ReadQ Systems, Inc.
(212) 425 3680 x105

Random quote of the last-time-I-ran-bash:
If an experiment works, something has gone wrong.