On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 03:29:13PM +1000, David Seikel wrote:
> Raster made this commit about two weeks ago :
>
> > a lot of patches - also my work on moving the IO stuff in e_fm to a
> > slave process to stop e from ever "locking up". this unfortunately
> > breaks the other source stuff and thus breaks the app editor config
> > dialogs and anything using fm2 for .desktop stuff from the e
> > applications/all repo. i am doing this as i expect this to go away
> > with efreet anyway so not too much of an issue. not all fm operatiosn
> > work currently - note. so beware. it can view files though :)
>
> So I have been holding off on any attempt to repair these things and
> just sitting and waiting for efreet to solve all our problems.  The
> users are now complaining about the broken app editor.  I have not seen
> any efreet commits for a while, is it going to replace ecore_desktop
> soon?  Or should I put in some effort to patching up the app editor
> while we wait?

Efreet is pretty much complete, other than being itegrated into e17.
Unfortunately, dan doesn't use e17 on anymore and seb and I have been
pretty busy lately.

> What state of development is efreet in anyway?

It is mostly complete.

works. Executing desktops (and even downloading the files if necessary)
has been implemented.

There may be a small amount of work left to be done to properly do menu
editing. I think we just never decided to what degree we want to
integrate things. E.g. converting directly from efreet's menu structures
into an E_Menu, or doing an intermediate step and building .order files
first.

But, I'm busy with work, planning a wedding, and preparing for grad
school in the fall. So, its hard to find the motivation to work on this
in what little free time I have. :(

rephorm