On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 17:03 -0500, Brian Mattern wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 06:15:59PM +0100, watchwolf wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > I want present you a new application writed with etk for E17.
> > The application can have some bugs for you as segv :p . The code is not
> > perfect, I need to add some tests & errors outputs. The next steps,
> > before add new functions, is to clean/correct the code.
> >
> > You can see screenshots & the source code on my blog.
> > http://watchwolf.fr/index.php?post/2007/03/18/%5BE17-Network-manager%
> > 5D-Pesentation
> >
> > To compile us this makefile: etk/Makefile.
> >

> Just to be clear, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with
> NetworkManager (http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/), the dbus
> lib / api, right? (Looks like its a frontend to i{f,w}config / route /
> etc).
>
> Is future NM support planned? Or is the naming similarity just a
> coincidence?
>
> rephorm

Enm means "e17 network manager" for me, but maybe I ll change the name,
I had no idea so I choose enm. I have no link with the NetworkManager
project.

I write a library (called libenm because the application is enm ...).
The library use if/iwconfig, iwlist and route to manage the network.
My first idea was to write a little wifi manager like wifi-radar
(http://wifi-radar.systemimager.org) but finally I added wired card
support and dns configuration.