On 03/21/2007 04:47, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:50:26 -0500 Ravenlock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The desklock's idle timer was apparently broken from the start.
>> Keyboard activity was not considered when determining if the user was
>> active or not.
>>
>> Here are some patches which fix this.  With these patches a persons
>> keyboard and mouse activity are both taken into consideration when
>> determining if the user is active.
>>
>> This implementation requires that the XScreensaver extension be present.
>>   This is the "easy" fix.  If the powers that be prefer that this
>> functionality *not* depend on the XScreensaver extension, well... then
>> its a bigger problem.
>>
>> Questions/comments/complaints welcome. :)
>
> actually desklocks idle thing has always been broken. the e_manage though uses
> the xscreensaver events in _e_manager_cb_screensaver_notify() to turn on
> desklock if the screensaver kicks in :)

*That* timer still exists.  However, I created a new timer that was
separate from that which will allow a user to "lock" the screen either
before or after the X screesaver, or at the same time as some other
third party saver.  That timer was not functioning properly.  I am
hoping this patch fixes the problem I introduced.

--
Regards,
Ravenlock