On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 22:15 -0400, Will Keaney wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 12:17 +1300, jochen schroeder wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > just discovered a segfault when configuring keyboard shortcuts. cvs is
> > from today. To reproduce: go to configure -> keybindings -> select
> > Launch application -> when you are asked to press the keys press win - a
> > -> segfault
> > I haven't tested any other key combinations. Backtrace attached.
> Out of curiosity, how did you obtain this bt? I've been trying to get a
> trace of this segfault through gdb for a couple of days, and it just
> spits out inconsistent garbage here.
>
> Will Keaney
> uberpinguin

Yeah was a bit of a hassle. I had the same problem as you when I
connected after the segfault I just got garbage because gdb could not
resolve the stack (or something like that). What I did was start e, then
went to a console connected gdb to the running process. You then type
continue inside gdb and go back to running e. Now follow the steps to
reproduce the segfault and voila you have a good backtrace.

Cheers
Jochen