On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 21:02:52 +0100 Tobias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Hi all,
>
> I've played around with Ecore_Fb on my zaurus and I've run into some
> problems with events getting through to evas.
>
> First, there were some comments about libts support in ecore a couple of
> weeks ago, this libts implementation (ecore_fb_ts_c) seems to be very
> ipaq specific, and is not used anywhere and deprecated.

that's the code compiled if u don't have tslib support. #ifdef HAVE_TSLIB
builds the tslib specific code, and otherwise its the old code i wrote
originally for my ipaq 3660 touchscreen etc. frankly at the time i didn't
abstract it much at all - i was just happy to make it work :)

> I've altered it and attach patches here to enable it again and only
> support the libts mouse events and remove all the ipaq
> backlightning,led,brightnes...etc stuff, I've also removed the
> calibration.

seems mostly the patches just remove the old ipaq code (most of whihc is
dormant) and only leave the tslib specific code - thats really just a "old
feature cleanup" - not sure how it makes things work as opposed to not work (if
u built with tslib support). removing the led blink etc. calls are probably
good - it's an ipaq specific thing. but what was wrong? if u had tslib - then
it should be using it, not ipaq specific touchscreen stuff?

> Now ecore_event_handler_add(ECORE_FB_EVENT_MOUSE_*...) events works, but
> I can't get any evas_object_event_callbacks to work (subsequently edje
> files don't receive any mouse events either).
>
> I've tried evas_event_feed_mouse in an app but I can't get any more
> events than mouse_in and mouse_out fed to the evas_object. I'm not sure
> I grok  evas_event_feed*.

these feed in raw events - ecore_evas_fb should have all that hooked up for you
- *IF* it is getting events from ecore_fb at all. i'd printf in ecore_fb when
it adds events and see if events are being produced at all.