> there were no specifics on why we were denied beyond a vague
> "we don't think you are a worthy/valid/interesting open source
> project".

        That would be their right to decide of course, and a natural
view for them since e has so-far shown little interest in web related
'technologies' whereas google in largely centered around such.
        By contrast, both of gtk/gnome and qt/kde have extensive
support for that.. thus making those projects far more attractive.

        Not to push other projects here, but... What I don't understand
is why this really interesting project called "PyroDesktop" hasn't been
supported by them.. it seems like an excellent idea for a web-centered
desktop shell - a Mozilla/xul based window manager.