2008/3/21, Sebastian Dransfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Why not just use libxml2 and make the wallpaper_web part optional if the
>  user has libxml2?
>

>  Sebastian

I agree, and your idea already are in TODO list, but i don't started
with it for some reasons.
The module is a testbed to see how online stuffs can be improve E's
life, so imho I have to work to make it usable without problems; after
do that, and after seeing what people think about, we can start with
another external application that get online stuffs for themes, icons,
wallpapers, cursors, etc. This kind of app must have a solid backend
library to use to get/put online contents, built by
libxmle/exml/whatever.
Atm i prefer to work to make my module useful instead of change the
parser to use another library (that i've to study), having in mind
that there's an entry for this kind of lib in GSoC ideas page.

Massimiliano