[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
> Just adding a "+1" to this. I have had similar difficulties theming
> Gtk+ in the past. I admire the old Athena (Xaw) and Motif widget sets
> because they grant the 'themer' the ability to pick out a widget based
> on it's parents names and classes as well as it's own. It was somewhat
> possible to do this with Gtk+ 1.x, but it was a very obscure technique
> that never quite worked perfectly and failed completely in some apps.

What you describe here is already possible in ewl. An icon (actually the
icon widget theme i.e. the background) can look different if it is in a
toolbar or in a filepicker. Since the themes are more then simple pics,
it is not possible to tell a children or a deeper offsprings that the
parent state has changed. For example a menu item turns from white into
black after a "mouse,in" then the label and other elements may want to
know about that, so they can turn their color in to white, therefor they
are still readable.

Peter