I wrote:

>> However, as I said, I have no time to work on this ATM, so if you like
>> to try an alternative approach, please do it. Keep it as a branch
>> somewhere and share your results, someone may test it and see how well
>> it works, maybe it would suffice and this would be integrated,
>> everyone is happy :-)
>>

>       I've already tried both approaches, and others as well. There's
> nothing here that's new, though there's certainly more than one way
> to do anything. As to some 'branch' somewhere.. maybe it's best to
> wait and see how your approach works out and if that would suffice,
> integrate it as you say.
> :)

      I should add that I'm in the minority here - you, vincent, and
raster (maybe
many others) all think that the generic 'clipping' pipeline is the best
way to go.
I'd just like to see one implementation of this that works well with all
engines,
maps naturally (in its full generality) to real-time evas obj rendering,
is easy
for people to use, and has no surprises/difficulties/semantic-issues/etc.