----- "Michael Stapelberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto:

> Hi Dave,
>
> * [13.04.08 14:51]:
> > Something is impossible to integrate, like trayer (as we need a
> better
> > tray spec), and something (like itask) don't make sense in a shelf.
> I see.
>
> > This could be an intresting solution, it will work for trayer, but
> > probably not for itask. Because itask use a trasparent window that
> is
> > much bigger than the bar itself.
> I don't exactly see what's the problem then - can't you set
> transparent
> windows sticky?

The problem is that the itask window is really big (it take pratically half of
your screen), also if the bar is really small.
See this shot:
http://www.gurumeditation.it/e/itask.jpg
The black is the itask window.

> > My border idea can also be only an estetic preference, you can also
> want
> > to view a piece of your desktop. We should implement both (sticky
> and
> > border) to give a user the maximum flexibility.
> Whilst the sticky thing is relatively easy, I don't (yet) see a
> general
> solution to implement not tiling specific areas of the screen and -
> this is
> the main problem - the configuration dialog. If you got a good idea
> how to
> make this configurable and generic, tell me ;-).

Just the borders, not generic areas.
You can make 4 slider for top, bottom, left and right pixels to don't cover.