----- "Dave Andreoli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto:

> ----- "Sebastian Dransfeld" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto:
>
> > Dave Andreoli wrote:
> > > Hi list!
> > > Attached a patch to solve 2 bugs related to the dnd on shelfs and
> on
> > the desktop:
> > >
> > > 1. The first fix simply check if the module is in a shelf before
> do
> > a shelf operation
> > > 2. The second set the value of _drag_win_root in case the drag is
> > not generated by e .This fix the bug mentioned in the trash announce
> > :)
> >
> > Could you try this patch? When doing external dragging into e, the
> > window in the event should be the one we need, so no need to search.
> >
> > Haven't at test case myself.
>
> Ok, the second line in your patch works well
> +  _e_drag_update(ev->win, ev->position.x, ev->position.y);
> and solve the bug, but the first line
> +     win = root;
> stop all the xdnd operation to drop in a shelf or on the desktop.
>
> Just the second line is ok :)

I have found another issue, the same problem but on dropping operation (the
last fix has fixed drop-in drop-out & drop-move).

I have fixed it changing line 1272 in e_dnd.c from:
  _e_drag_xdnd_end(_drag_win_root, _xdnd->x, _xdnd->y);
to:
  _e_drag_xdnd_end(ev->win, _xdnd->x, _xdnd->y);

The problem is always the same:
_drag_win_root is't set until an internal dnd start.

sorry but I can't create a patch now.
Thanks
Dave