Dave Andreoli wrote:
> Hi all, I have a question:
>
> When you install (make intall) enlightenment the xsession file
> (enlightenment.desktop) is installed in the $PREFIX/share/xsessions dir.
> Usually /usr/local/share/xsessions or /opt/e17/share/xsessions.
> In those paths login managers can't find it!
>
> Should we need to install it in the /usr/share/xsessions directory?

Well if they followed the XDG specification for where to find data files
it would work fine, but they apparently don't even follow the specs they
helped create.  The XDG specification states:

"If $XDG_DATA_DIRS is either not set or empty, a value equal to
/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/ should be used."

Therefore I'd think they would look in /usr/local/share/xsessions, but
as that's not the case you may just want to make a symlink to
enlightenment.desktop in /usr/share/xsessions so when you update it is
there.  This is actually more of a packaging issue then ours.  Also, if
I recall correctly, Entrance supports this location just fine.