A big factor in any theme is its colour palette. Here are a couple that I like.

http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/292482/Terra
Kind of standardish...

http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/482774/dream_magnet
With this one it might be an idea to use some red highlights in some
things or even little splashes of red against the dark blues.

In addition to all those, a splash of black and white is something
that might be needed. Any more ideas on that?

Toma