On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Vikram Noel Ambrose
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is another updated version :) v0.3
>
> Changes:
> 1. Added make %.reconf rule for reconfiguring a package
> 2. Moved _srcdir path generation into configure.ac
> 3. Added a few more libs and apps to build, including e itself
>
> Defaults to throwing all build out to /dev/null
>
> Please let me know if it works for you, or more importantly if it doesnt
> work. It should be able to run a complete build without hickup.
>
> $ autoreconf -iv
> $ ./configure --preifx=/opt/e17 --libdir=/opt/e17/lib64
> $ make
>
> Set your PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH and you are off to running e17.

No time to test it now, but yet another comment/idea: uninstall, even
more recommended before reconfigure. This will avoid trash to keep on
the installation place and in many cases will expose dependency and
build system problems.

> I was surprised to see the size of my /opt/e17 folder, its 78mb, wow, bigger
> than Linux, win95, win98 and kdelibs.

ouch! Comparison to Linux is a bit pointless, as we have lots of
metadata and although they have orders of magnitude more code than us,
we use almost all the code we have, unlike them, which just compile
one subarch and few modules.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems