Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Fedor Gusev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> First of two attached patches brings an API that allows one to handle
>> key pressing while DND using two functions:
>>
>> EAPI void e_drag_key_down_cb_set(E_Drag *drag, void (*func)(E_Drag *drag,
>> Ecore_X_Event_Key_Down *e));
>> EAPI void e_drag_key_up_cb_set(E_Drag *drag, void (*func)(E_Drag *drag,
>> Ecore_X_Event_Key_Up *e));
>>
>> Both callbacks are called when a key is down/up while drag.
>>
>> Second patch uses this API to use modifiers in EFM drag. If you hold
>> Control while drag the action is Copy, Alt -- action is Ask, Shift --
>> action is Move. The icons get signals 'e,state,move', 'e,state,copy',
>> 'e,state,ask' with source 'e', so one can modify a theme to show which
>> action would be performed. Note that you need a modified Ecore_X for
>> this to work, see my previous mail.
>>

> Hi Fedor, I haven't tried or read the code, sorry, but from your
> description "Ask" is only from "alt"? What is the action when no
> modifier is used? Defaulting to "ask" would be the best option. Also,
> maybe the ask dialog could point Move/Copy could be automatically
> selected with Control/Shift.

Well the default action is move right now as it is in most file managers
afaik.  Ask should actually be implemented on a right click drag
eventually, but since the deadline was approaching I just had him do it
with a modifier.  Right click drags will require some extra
modifications.  I don't understand your last sentence, but the ask pops
up a menu to click on .  Are you saying we should provide hotkeys for
this menu?