On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 15:24 -0200, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Viktor Kojouharov
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 10:18 -0200, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just tried your module on both shelf and as a gadget/gadman and I
> >> have some comments:
> >>
> >>  - remember to delete your children objects, when I removed the
> >> gadget/gadman all objects remained there! Ouch! hint: use clipped
> >> smart object for your smart class, it will handle lots of stuff for
> >> your automatically, including that! I'd say you should take a look at
> >> evas_box as well and try to use it, or at least implement your own
> >> layout system so you can nicely animate scroll (you possible can do
> >> that today by changing box alignment).
> > This is a known (for me at least) problem. In the code, at _gc_shutdown,
> > I try to obtain the swallowed object and if I have it, I delete it.
> > Doesn't work when it's in gadman mode though, swallowed_get returns
> > NULL, and I need to investigate why.
>
> you should keep a list yourself.

yeah, I'm planning on doing that, seeing as swallow_get does not want to
play along.

> > As for the scrolling, I currently
> > use e_box for that, and it works, albeit a tad slow. Not sure whether
> > evas_box will provide a better solution. I will use edje_box for a grid
> > view though, since it provides a nice flow layout.
>
> well... it should not be slow, evas_box should use similar algorithm
> so it should work the same.

maybe it's just my machine, or the fact that there's a lot more content
than ibar/ibox, but autoscrolling is noticeably slower.

> edje_box just uses evas_box :-)
>

> >>  - don't clip to the size of your visible object, at least not on
> >> gadget/gadman and title/description, that way I need a huge visible
> >> area and thus it will be of no use!
> > Not trying to do that on purpose, really :) If I figure out how to use
> > the 'elipsis' property of a TEXT object, I'd rather use that and define
> > a max 'size' of the popup instead.
>
> you need to limit the text object size itself, not clip it. for
> example, make the text part go from "rel1 {relative: 0.0 0.0; offset:
> 0 0; }" to "rel2 { relative: 1.0 1.0; offset: -1 -1;}" and do NOT use
> "min: 1 1" or "fit: 1 1" inside text {}.
I think I managed to do it, at least when the gadget is in gadman (not
in the popup). Now the strings (title and description) will be cropped
with an elipsis by edje. I probably won't do it for the popup though, as
it doesn't make sense. Might as well use space we have.

> >>  - that blue highlight is... ugly! at least it doesn't match e17 default
> >> theme.
> >>  - shelf popup is nice, but could be better, it could animate as going
> >> off the same position, just like a real drawer does. See macosx
> >> "documents" and other drawers.
> > I'm not a graphic designer either. I use the highlight to know that it
> > works. If you, or someone else what to try a stab at designing a better
> > one, you are more than welcome to do so :). For the animation, though
> > should probably go into the TODO, I just always forget about that.
> > Another thing that should go into the TODO is making the edje signal
> > passed to the content object of the popup work when the popup is
> > showing/hiding. Could be useful for a nicer animation (like the gadman
> > animation of gadgets when they appear above everything).
>
> neither i am, so no suggestions, just criticism :-P One thing would be
> to have a light gray for non-selected and white for selected, or a
> different background, dunno...
I copied the ilist style. It's not perfect yet, but it's better than the
previous blue highlighting.

Criticism is always welcomed too. It helps to get a different view, and
it's always nice to have that someone else has tried to run your
stuff :)