2008/12/10 Dave Andreoli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> ----- "Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Enlightenment SVN
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Log:
>> >   * Use the new Exchange Smart Object in the E17 theme dialog (if
>> exchange is installed)
>>
>> couple of comments:
>>   - as I reported to you the other day on irc, rating stars are over
>> text description.
>
> This is because I use only one text object, there are 2 <br> after the
> version number that should leave enought space for the stars.
> One simple solution is to use 2 different text object per every theme,
> but I don't want to duplicate the number of objects in the scene.
> So the question is: why the textblock will render <br> differently
> on your machine? maybe we are using a different font?
> Someone else have the same problem?
>
>>   - delay heavy operations before dialog is displayed. So far it
>> takes
>> a lot to show the window, which is very bad. (Some other E dialogs
>> are
>> like that, mainly those that deal with freedesktop.org .desktop
>> files)
>
> Yes I know, exchange block the mainloop while dowloading and parsing the xml
> file. very bad. I'm working for a new nonblocking approach, will be up asap.
>
>>   - scrollbar starts at 100%, when you click it goes to the real (or
>> smaller) size.
>
> thanks didn't noticed.
>
>>   - local files lack description and screenshot
>
> IMO this is more a lack in the themes, I suggest to add the description
> and the screenshot directly inside every theme edje file. (Toma: ping)
> This could also be usefull in the exchange site, to autogenerate themes
> pages.

You dont need images to preview Edje files. Theyre edje! iamsthithas
original idea was to be able to fully generate a preview from the
edje. If you make a fake little environment, wallpaper, a fake window,
a shelf with 2 or 3 icons on it, you get the idea. The other problem
in using an image is the size. A fully preview image would not
compress that well with edje. The other option is to download the
screenshot from exchange. IIRC the api does allow for this. I think if
you have a good enough preview, then a description is not really
needed. That being said, it would be easy enough to add more to the
theme details spec.

Toma.