On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 09:55:02AM +0100, Andreas Volz wrote:
> Am Tue, 30 Dec 2008 09:50:39 +0100 schrieb Andreas Volz:
>
> Hello again,
>
> seems nobody has an answer to my question. Could you at least tell me
> where this is implemented? Should I search in efreet or the fileman
> module or in E17 itself? Maybe a short answer from someone who knows it
> may same me much time.
>
> regards
> Andreas
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > As default E17 creates two icons "Root" and "Home" on my desktop. In

Are you completely sure about this?

> > E17 they work well, but if I start e.g. Gnome they don't work good.
> >
> > home.desktop:
> >
> > URL=file:$HOME
> > Icon=fileman/home
> >
> > For some reasons $HOME isn't respected in Gnome. And fileman/home
> > isn't displayed.
> >
> > Similar for root.desktop:
> >
> > URL=file:/
> > Icon=fileman/root
> >
> > Here the link works, but also the icon isn't displayed.
> >
> > I think if we install files in a well known and shared folder they
> > should work also in other environments. I don't know the freedesktop
> > spec at this point.
> >
> > Are you sure that variable substitutions like $HOME are allowed in
> > .desktop files?
> >
> > Don't you think there's a better way to point to uncommon icon
> > resources? Maybe something like "X-Enlightenment-Icon"? A fallback
> > "Icon" could be created automatic by the .desktop creator dialog.
> >
> > Then I've some partitions that I don't like to show on my desktop
> > (raid mirrors). Is it possible to hide some stuff from the desktop?
> > Maybe a .hidden file or a check box in the icon properties to set
> > hidden for each icon?

This is really a HAL issue. I have a file /etc/hal/fdi/policy/IgnoreRecovery.fdi
to ignore recovery partition. The contents are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <match key="volume.label" string="WinRE">
        <merge key="volume.ignore" type="bool">true</merge>
    </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>