On Thursday, 29 January 2009, at 08:43:26 (+1100),
Carsten Haitzler wrote:

> i chose something more generic - why? reboot is a very computerish term. what
> if you have... a phone - or a media player. do you "reboot it"?  :)

Yes.

"Reboot" is actually a more clear and correct term.  In fact, "reboot"
has now entered the vernacular and is used to reference things like
cars, appliances, and even people.

"Reset" is simply too ambiguous.

> same as above. choosing more neutral terms :)

"Shut down" is more neutral, not less, than "power off."  I can "shut
down" my Treo, but I cannot power it off (without removing the
battery).

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <m...@kainx.org>