On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>
>>> My question is: is ecore_time_get() used for something else that
>>> measuring
>>> the time between 2 moments ? If no, I think that I can use those high
>>> resolution timers on Windows.
>>
>> Sometimes I use it to get real time, to print or insert in db, easy to
>> change if required, but I wonder: is your time in seconds, or what?
>> Isn't it easy to apply an offset and scale to get the number of
>> seconds, at least approximately?
>
> then it will be exatly the same computations than the current code, with
> just a higher precision. The problem is more the computations, which are a
> bit heavy to get the same value than gettimeofday().

Well, is it that heavy? I mean, the real code is used just few times
per loop, if one uses ecore_loop_time_get() it's just one, so should
not impact at all. But I'd say we can use a compile-time switch and
let some embedded users choose the fast or the precise way.

Regards,

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems