On 06/04/09 19:00, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Jochen Schroeder <cycoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm experiencing some weirdness with the systray module and compositing
> > enabled (using kompmgr). A screenshot best explains it so I've uploaded
> > one here: http://jocheninnz.smugmug.com/photos/506921929_dm7ep-M-0.jpg
> > See how the pidgin systray icon is in the upper left corner, although
> > the systray module is in the lower right. Even weirder, if I remove
> > systray from the shelf, or even remove the module the pidgin icon
> > persists and remains usable (left clicking brings up the menu). If I
> > stop pidgin, I just see a square dropshadow in the upper left.
>
> is your shelf transparent and not set to "below all windows"? So far I
> did no code to support these cases and will depend on the same code to
> make transparent bg work, so do not expect it soon :-(
>
> temporary solution is to create an opaque shelf or have systray as a
> gadget on the background.

OK either changing to "below everything" and a non-invisible shell or to
a gadget fixed it. Another minor issue (probably more with gadgets than
systray) I noticed is, that systray crops
instead of resizing when inside a gadget, which makes it rather unusable
when a new systray icon is added and the gadget is too small to hold
both icons. Maybe have an option which allows gadgets to resize,
according to content?

Cheers
Jochen