I may be off-topic, but to manage these automatic builds, Gustavo
suggested a script+crontab.
Maybe we could also take advantage of a better solution that does the
stuff for us and give back statistics.

One of these tools is called buildbot (http://buildbot.net/trac) and
it seems to do a good work. Can the devs have a look at it and see
whether it would be worth using it ? As a user, I would be glad to
consult a report page about all the nightly builds. This helps
avoiding regression as well IMO.

thanks for the effort Gustavo !

regards,
Lionel