> Willing to help testing? You can do:
>
>    - compare expedite benchmarks on the same system, tell us if you
> see regressions.
>    - check memory usage.
>    - check if dialogs work properly.
>    - create a dummy user and start with a clean profile, try to
> configure the system the way you want, see if it's possible (good way
> to test if dialogs work properly).

>     - http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Release tasks to do before
> alpha release
>     - http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/TestingPlan  how to test
> (needs contributions!)
>
> Regards!

hi guys,

guess it'd be nice to have some king of a "visual" page/table to trace
the current status of various components (as we used to have some times
ago with a "nightly" builds).

below are some minor issues we're all aware about (E-svn-r39992):

1) some of E-MODULES-EXTRA are broken/(doesn't work or could crash E):

language (ticket 154)

mail (some times ago it could check remote MBoxes via POP/IMAP - now
only "manual ping" activates the option "Start Program When New Mail
Arrives")

news - segfault on a new feed configuration, suck with "Atom" feeds

bling - can be the reason of E segv.

connection manager/exalt - both are doesn't work or at least no
manuals how to set them up are available.

2) we may note that "external" toolkits are "out of the scope" but still
UTF-8 issues are in (despite on fonts replacement from Vera* to DejaVu*
family). yes, "esmart_text_test" is finally o'k for utf-8, but still no
support for SCIM (though the is base already included and works somehow).
the majority of EFL applications (which are not broken and at least
could be compiled from svn) are use ETK where UTF-8 is absent in fields
like "Multi-line text widget". just try "estickies" or "etk_prefs". (is
it 'unsigned char' issue?!)

3) our new default theme ("B&W") still has some minor issues. most
annoying one is the way iBar and iBox look like when they're set in
"Plain" appearance and options "Autoscroll contents" + "Able to be
resized" are activated (yep, i do have up to 40-50 launchers and i do
like to scroll'em all instead of asking about stupid "group similar"
etc.).

the rest are mostly enhancements:
http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/query?status=assigned&status=closed&status=new&status=reopened&reporter=~sda&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone

regards,