You could use a define...

eg. see the ICONS section in E17s default theme. Just create the
define at the top of the file and call the show/hide program.

#define SHOW(blah) \
      program { name: blah"1"; \
         action: STATE_SET "active" 0.0; \
         target: blah; \
       } \
      program { name: blah"2"; \
         action: STATE_SET "default" 0.0; \
         target: blah; \
       }

then later on in the edc;

SHOW(button)
SHOW(something)
SHOW(boobies)

Again, poke about on the default theme. Heres something I messed
around with that has too many defines.
http://wiki.enlightenment.org/index.php/Embryo/Examples/RandomColor2

Enjoy!
Toma.