On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Vincent Torri wrote:
>

>> Hey,
>>
>> CFLAGS: -O3
>> LDFLAGS: -Wl,-s
>>
>> with amalgamation, the size of the .so is 141316
>> without, it is 142216
>>
>> is it normal ?
>
> I mean, such a small difference in size

i'm using couple of static mempool here and total size after strip -s
goes from 128 to 124k, so 4k saving. Not that much, but for such an
easy saving, it may matter for embedded systems, specially those where
there is no -fvisibility=hidden... thinking of it, for these cases we
could have an EAPI-like macro to say EINTERNAL, these would be
converted to 'static' if amalgamation or attribute "visibility=hidden"
for newer GCC and not amalgamation.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems