On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 09:30:24AM +0200, Albin Tonnerre wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:24 +1000, Simon Horman wrote :
> > Is the following appropriate?

> > Subject: Add autogen.sh to dist tarball
> >
> > autogen.sh is used by the debian packaging so it seems
> > appropriate to include it in the dist tarball
>
> Either you're packaging from SVN and therefore don't need it to be part of the
> dist tarball, or you're packaging from the snapshots at
> download.enlightenment.org (or snapshots you generated) and then your
> packaging
> should be fixed to use directly ./configure instead of configure.sh.
> Is there an actual use case I'm missing, for which this change would be
> required?

Thanks for filling me in on the expected usage.

I was thinking of the case where you want to test what is
in SVN by:

1) creating a tarball
2) building a debian package from that tarball after unpacking is
   and manually copying over the debian/ directory from SVN.

But if thats not valid, I'll stop doing it.

When you say fixed to use ./configure directly, when and how does that occur?
I agree that calling ./configure is preferable when building Debian packages.