On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 19:27:37 +1000
David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 14:06:34 +0200 "hannes.janet...@gmail.com"
> <hannes.janet...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 3:42 AM, David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Is this related to my reported problems with Eterm (and at least
> > > one other app) where iconify and maximise don't turn up in the E17
> > > window menu when using borderless?
> >
> > yes, Eterm becomes an override-redirect window when using borderless
> > option with e17, so its window is not handled by the wm in any way.
> > I commited a workaround that makes e17 pretend to be mwm so that
> > Eterm use mwm hints for borderless mode instead of going override
> > redirect.
>
> Just letting you know, recompiled E17 recently and my reported
> problems with iconify and maximize not being in the window menus of
> particular apps when you use the E17 borderless border is now
> solved.  I can't really say if this change is what did it, bit it's
> very likely from what I can tell.
>
> Now, if I can just convince the claws mail people to behave and have
> their window go to the desktop I tell it to, things will be perfect.
> lol

I can tell you why claws-mail doesn't work.  Try and put a lock that
doesn't allow claws-mail to change it's iconified status and you'll
quickly see why. For some stupid reason claws-mail starts up iconified
and then uniconifies itself after startup.  I had asked the devs at some
point why they do this, but don't recall getting an intelligent
answer.  I can't see why in the hell they do this, but it's annoying.