Peter Wehrfritz wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, I hadn't much time in the last days. I looked into
> the config_init code, but there are some parts that I don't fully
> understand yet. I hope I find the time to dig deeper into it  the
> weekend. Just to have the full picture: Have you also installed the ewl
> config file? It should be somewhere in $prefix/etc/ewl/ewl.cfg or what
> ever you used for the sysconfdir.
>
> Regards Peter
>
> Muthukumar S wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am trying to run sample EWL applications but failing again and again on
>> same point.
>>
>> The Way in which i am running applications is like:  Bottom layer is tinyx
>> above to that is all EWL dependent libraries and i am running
>> ewl_test (sample application) which is getting failed when ewl_config_init()
>> is called by telling "*Could not initilaize Ewl Config"*
>> since i have tried every combination to run this but i thing that something
>> is missing while running the application
>>
>> Can anyone please help me in running EWL application on top of tinyx.

Ok, I looked now deeper into the config code. You need either system
wide ewl config file or a user config file to run ewl.

The system wide file is located under what you defined by ./configure
with --sysconfdir plus "/ewl". Default is [PREFIX/etc]/ewl. You can
overwrite this value by defining the env. variable EWL_SYSCONF_DIR or by
defining the env. variable EWL_PREFIX_DIR then it becomes
EWL_PREFIX_DIR/etc/ewl.

The user config dir is located under ${home}/.ewl/config/. If The HOME
env. does not exists then /tmp/ is used.

The config file itself is called ewl.cfg.

And there is a special hack for developers. If the env. var. "srcdir" is
defined then the system file is looked up under
"srcdir"/../../data/config/. This probably only works if you do not
install it and call the fake script in the build dir, e.g.
ewl/src/bin/ewl_test, then this variable will be defined.

Puh, I think I covered now all possible combinations. At the moment ewl
insists to have at least one config file. This can maybe be changed, but
I see no reason for this with out any good argument. So please check the
given files if you have a config file there.

Regards Peter