On Apr 3, 2010, at 2:51 AM, Leif Middelschulte wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> 2010/4/3 Dave Ray <d...@jonive.com>:
>> Thanks, that seemed to do the trick.
>>
>> e17 now compiles and installs without error.
>>
> I can confirm that.
>
>> X11 is crashing when I start e17. I will go on irc to get some help
>> debugging.
> Due to moving I won't have my iMac any longer to support you in this
> task. It SEGVed on my OS X.6.2 as well. IIRC it was some bad access
> within some strcmp, but I can't recall it entirely. I hope you'll get
> it running on OSX. Elementary works already.
> Btw. do you have problems with eweather/elm_weather-test as well?

I will continue to work on getting e17 to run on Mac OS-X 10.5
Leopard, using the latest stable development X11 release (which I am
also helping test.).
Currently enlightenment SEGV's and leaves a crash report that says
something is going on with the e_core_x thread. As I recall I couldn't
get edje and ecore to compile without forcing the ecore_x option. Now
that I see this error I will hand-delete all the libs and start from
scratch again without the e_core_x option.

Elementary wasn't in the trunk branch of the svn build so I didn't
build or install it. Do I need it? Where in svn is it?

My goal is to get e17 working with the bare minimum functionality,
then introduce one feature at a time and build it as far as I can get.
I would love to add GL support etc but Apple's X11 is limited in that
it's not a true x.org server, it's a modified "quartz" X server that
co-exists with the MacOS equivalent. There are a lot of uncertainties
what options  in the e17 build will work on it.
e16 compiles easily and runs well on a stock 10.5.8 system without
Fink or MacPorts installed.

I never got to run eweather/elm_weather-test because e17 never ran, it
would SEGV before any windows were drawn.

Dave