Am Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:39:21 +0800 schrieb Tom Haste:

> On 8 April 2010 04:14, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net>
> > wrote:

> >> Hm, even in the latest Ubuntu there's only 0.11.2-1. Is it really
> >> needed to use such a new version? Are there Ubuntu packages for it?
> >
> > Ubuntu users can say, I guess there are packages.
> >
> > The newer cython is required not because we want to be fancy, but
> > because some features we used were broken before  and were fixed in
> > 0.12.1 :-)
> >
> > BR,
> > --
> > Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> > http://profusion.mobi embedded systems
> > --------------------------------------
> > MSN: barbi...@gmail.com
> > Skype: gsbarbieri
> > Mobile: +55 (19) 9225-2202

> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/cython
>
> It made it into debian (0.12.1) in time, but the Ubuntu merge from
> unstable was done well before it. This becomes a backports issue for
> Ubuntuers. Its quite easy to install from source anyway, just run
> 'apt-get build-dep cython' then install the source package as it
> documents.

I tried the binary package in Ubuntu and got this:

/home/andreas/src/svn/e/trunk/BINDINGS/python/python-ecore/ecore/evas/ecore.evas.c_ecore_evas.pyx:29:23:
Syntax error in C variable declaration
ecore/evas/ecore.evas.c_ecore_evas.c:1:2: error: #error Do not use this
file, it is the result of a failed Pyrex compilation. error: command
'gcc' failed with exit status 1

Do I have to recompile the cython package from source?

regards
        Andreas