Hi all,

I've got some weird stuff happening when I start e17 via startx. Essentially
e17 comes up fine, however the background is black and there's a number of
drawing artifacts. If I start e17 locked I can only see my background, with
places module and not the screen to enter my password. This problem goes away
if I also start xscreensaver in ~/.xinitrc then everything works fine. This
seems to be related to composite, as everything works fine without composite
enabled.

To reproduce:
start enlightenment via startx and composite enabled
($cat ~/.xinitrc)
#!/bin/bash
/opt/e17/bin/enlightenment_start

Cheers