I attempted to compile e17 on MacOS-X Leopard (10.5.8) after doing a
fresh OS install.

All autoconf.sh scripts are failing in an unusual way.

Spoke to Vincent Torri, who posted my problem on the M4 list. You can
read the whole thread here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2010-06/msg00007.html

According to the thread, configure.ac contains a non-portable use of
sed that is causing the failure only on MacOS.

Something changed in configure.ac in svn from 6 weeks ago, which was
the last time I compiled e17 from svn. The problem wasn't there before.

I observed this when trying to compile eina, the first package on the
list of deps. I also tried e_dbus, since it doesn't have dependencies,
and got the exact same error.

This is a total show-stopper for e17 on MacOS-X until fixed.

FYI I'm using autoconf 2.65, automake 1.11, m4 1.4.14.

Dave