Am Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:46:16 -0300 schrieb Iván Briano (Sachiel):

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net>
> wrote:
> > Am Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:57:35 +0200 schrieb Andreas Volz:
> >
> > No reason? Or does simply no one know? Should I fix it to use the
> > data pointer?
> >

> No, it should not use the data pointer. The data pointer is for user
> specific data to be passed to callbacks, the event_info pointer, for
> anything specific to that event. In this case, the specific data to
> that event is a pointer to an item.

To be honest I don't like the opaque design of the event_info. It's
hard to wrap it in a type save way with C++.

But even with the existing design I would expect as event_info a
structure with information about the calling event. For example a key
or a mouse click or so.

Does Elm_Genlist always put a Elm_Genlist_Item of the element in
event_info? Then I could wrap this type safe in C++.

regards
        Andreas