Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Jose Gonzalez <jose_...@juno.com> wrote:
>
>> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

>>> 200% agreed, 0% time to do it! I finished this around 2:30am...
>>>
>>> What I'd really want is more people to blog more about EFL. I've
>>> noticed that EXTERNAL is not even known by most, and actually it was
>>> even hard for me, the dude that created it, to figure out what to do
>>>

>>  Please refrain from taking credit for other people's work
>> and ideas. Not only were you not "the dude that created it",
>> but in fact you had absolutely nothing to do with its creation.
>>

> AHAHAHAHAHAAH... and the dude comes from nowhere to cause some
> flamewars, let's go...

   No, I just find it deplorable that you'd make statements claiming
credit for other's work and ideas.

>>  The edje EXTERNAL part was an idea I had many years ago
>> (though I'd initially called it OBJECT after a similar notion
>> in html), before you were even around 'eland'. It was an extension
>> of the GROUP part notion.
>>
>>  Brian Mattern and I further discussed the notions (along with
>> other things) and it was Brian who eventually did the actual initial
>> implementations for both GROUP and EXTERNAL.
>>
>>  You've since further pushed and developed things, and that's
>> very nice. But again, please refrain from taking credit for
>> other people's work and ideas.
>>

> Okay, Mr. Jose IDEAS Gonzalez. Not only I helped Brian to get GROUP
> done, discussing

   I'm sorry but the design, name, syntax, etc of GROUP was in fact
due to me and Brian over many private emails - like it or not. I let
Brian do the implementation since he was the "edje" guy at the time,
though I did send him some pseudo-code to deal with the issue of
possible self-referencing of groups.
   You had nothing to do with any of this. Later you did some finish-off
work in the implementation of signal forwarding, something which
Brian and I had discussed, but he never had got around to.

> and getting the signal forwarding to children done, but I was actually
> the one that came with the design of EXTERNAL as it is... AFAIR you
> were dreaming about some stupid solution along the lines of a
> completely new compiler like ETK dudes had, babbling that we should
> continue with ETK and all of that we already know.

   I'm sorry but your memory is almost as bad as your lack of ethics.
The EXTERNAL was something Brian and I discussed before you
were ever around, but I'd called it OBJECT.
   And yes there are better ways of doing this... it was simply the
best we could think of due to the limitations imposed by edje/edc
(in-extensible built-in parser for an informal 'edc' language). It was
menat to be a generic, one-size fits all, string-driven property system.
But it's not the most efficient way of dealing with any particular domain.

> So until you show me any code that makes me realize you actually did
> something, I'm the one that did it. Because if I was to consider every
> idea you possibly though of, the whole world might happen to fit into
> that "argument" :-D

   Gustavo, it's enough that I took the time to even reply
to this.. Your lack of ethics is nearly pathological.

Mortgage Rates Hit 3.25%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4ca27e2d6969b4f068st01vuc