At Sun, 17 Oct 2010 13:48:09 +0900,
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> this is actually a good q... shouldnt it be unsigned long at any rate? (tho to
> be honest int is probably enough... but as u have to send in 1 go... 2gb might
> possibly be a limiting factor?)

We have libcurl as a limiting factor anyway: values passed to
POSTFIELDSIZE will always be read as a long; additionally, a value of
-1 is used to tell libcurl we want it to calculate the size of our
POST fields with strlen().

If you really want to send huge files via POST, there's a
POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE option that reads a curl_off_t instead of a long
(with the same -1 twist). We can always use that instead of
POSTFIELDSIZE, however this means we'd need to accept a curl_off_t (or
an off_t) as a parameter type, which in turn takes us to my other
email about using void* in ecore_con_http_post_send :)

--
Raphael Kubo da Costa
ProFUSION embedded systems