Am Sat, 13 Nov 2010 17:06:17 -0600 schrieb Jeff Hoogland:

> Howdy All,
>
> So I've installed E17 from .debs I compiled and it works great except
> for two issues.
>
> The first is that my default user cannot shutdown or restart the
> system.

I see this problem also since I recompiled E17 the last time. I assumed
that I missed some optional compile time dependency libraries with my
new compile server. I've to check my configure calls to maybe E17 and
see if an option was set to NO. Only a guess, but maybe it hits your
problem.

regards
        Andreas