Am Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:27:12 +0100 schrieb Andreas Volz:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working much with Edje externals in my application. Currently
> Elementary widgets.
>
> If I access e.g. a list I've to just to know and trust that an object
> I got by a name is from the Elementary type I think. But as this may
> change while development I like to know if there's a function to get
> the type of a Edje (external) object as string or so? Then I could
> check if I really have a widget of this type before e.g. adding list
> items to a button or so. :-)

Hello,

maybe it's not clear what information I need. I'll explain it better.

I get e.g. a Elementary slider with edje_object_part_external_object_get
 and the name "Slider01" from my Edje. I would now need the
 "elm/slider" string that shows me the source or type of my widget. I
 see how to do this in editje, but I'm not so known of python. I browsed
 through the C API docu and with the debugger in my objects, but I
 don't see it. Please help me with the correct function.

regards
        Andreas