On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 07:21:18 +0100
Sebastian Dransfeld <s...@tango.flipp.net> wrote:

> On 01/05/2011 09:18 PM, Lucas De Marchi wrote:
> >> +              if (errno)
> >
> > This is bad... you have to either zero errno before calling open() or check
> > the return value before. Since open() will not zero errno in case of
> > succees, doing like you did you're actually carrying whatever value errno
> > had.
>
> Should users always zero errno before checking? Then this needs to be
> checked throughout efl. I remember a while ago someone actually removed
> errno = 0 in some code.
>
> Sebastian

Yes, I remember someone removing the errno checks as well.  According to the
man page, however, you must set it to 0 before you check it to receive valid
results, so I would guess that this is indeed something that should be verified
throughout the codebase.

Perhaps a good opportunity for a cocci script? :)

--
Mike Blumenkrantz
Zentific: NULL pointer dereferences now 50% off!