On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:27:24 +0200 Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net> said:

what are your pricepoints (lets say BOM price maybe target retail price?).
what about screen and resolution? what is the target "use" - simply click once
kind of gps nav thing - no smooth scrolling stuff, or you want like smooth
scrolling in elementary (60fps).... how much effort do you plan to put into a
port?

for almost all soc's these days a linux port is a done deal. even older ones.
the problem is things like gpu - if you want or need one. how good will that
be? thats still to this day the poorest supported bit of an soc. often on
older ones all u get, IF u can get source for their gles drivers is a poorly
ported driver with lots of things not finished and left up to you, and even
with lots of lurking bugs/gotchas. if you dont want x11 then u'd have to do a
little work on making a gl_fb engine (gl_x11 but minus the x11 windowing bits
and just raw gles/egl on fb).